So, what am I going to do now? Look for a job. It seems that jobs are quite limited in the Provo area, and I don't think I'm willing to commute to Salt Lake City, so it might take awhile to get a good job. It would be nice if I could get a job at BYU, and since they finally ended the hiring freeze, it might be a possibility, if I'm lucky.
Although I studied a lot, I kept myself from going crazy by doing a few other things.
We put up our Christmas tree, and did some Christmas shopping. We put colored lights on the tree since that is what we always had growing up, and it makes the tree more friendly. I think most people here put white lights and matching ornaments on their tree so it is elegant and pretty, but I prefer the more homey, friendly look. Note: The majority of those presents are things we are giving other people, they are not all for us.
I made some cookies for a 12 days of Christmas thing the compassionate service committee did for a sister in the ward. If you ever do something like this, don't choose 11 pipers piping. It is quite difficult to think up a good present for that day. Five golden rings or two turtle doves would have been much easier, but I was at the end of the list, so all the easy ones were taken. If you can't tell what the cookies are, they are trumpets. I fashioned a cookie cutter myself by reshaping two metal heart cookie cutters.
I would put pictures of us up, but we look kind of chubby in the pictures we took. It's a good thing I signed up for the BYU Wellness program. By completing all the challenges and getting a health screening, we can each get $200 back from our health insurance premium. I'm totally going to do it.
3 comments:
Your cookies are very clever! Is that a real Christmas tree? Very pretty!
Congrats,Sassy! Crossing my fingers about biochem.
Hey, I don't see my present for you under the tree. Are you hiding it?
Post a Comment