This is Brian. I was fortunate enough to recently take a business trip to the Netherlands (Holland), so I figured I'd share some pictures of the trip. It was for the International Broadcasting Convention.
![]() | ||||
| We took a taxi from the airport to our hotel. Half (or more) of the taxis at the airport in Amsterdam were Teslas! I was quite impressed at the acceleration. |
![]() |
| View outside my hotel window. |
![]() |
| A totally separate bicycle road, with intersections. Mopeds, bicycles and these weird one-person cars could travel on these roads. |
![]() |
| They sure love their bikes. |
![]() |
| Dam Square, where some scenes from The Best Two Years was filmed. |
![]() |
![]() |
| They ran out of parking lot for their bikes, so they started parking them on this boat. Weird! |
![]() |
| Very cool and very old buildings. |
![]() |
| Church in Amsterdam. I guess they don't want people climbing to the roof! |
![]() |
| Another picture in front of Dam Square, when it wasn't full of people. |
![]() |
| Making fresh stroopwaffles. They were so much better than the non-fresh ones--and those were still awesome! |
![]() | ||
| The city has a series of concentric canals throughout, seen below. |
![]() |
| They must have had a hard time building straight buildings without all the fancy heavy equipment and precision tools we have today. |
![]() |
| They really like their waffles, and I did too! |
![]() |
| A 400+ year old windmill in the heart of Amsterdam. |
![]() |
| A picture I took while flying home over Greenland! What a cool frozen tundra. I took it somewhere around these coordinates. |
What an adventure, and how nice it was to have a non-stop flight from Salt Lake City to Amsterdam. What I learned from the trip (besides the work side of things at the convention) is that I really liked traveling internationally. Where should we (Sarah and I) go next?

















4 comments:
Spain, England, Australia/New Zealand, Iceland, Thailand, Jerusalem...let me know if you need more ideas.
Looks like a fun trip. You should definitely to go England. We should all plan a trip to Australia together. You know, when we have all the time and money we want...
You rode in a Tesla???? Ben wil be jealous when I tell him.
The Netherlands look so cool! I think it would be fun to go there sometime.
You can go to Prince Edward Island. I think Sarah might enjoy that. I just read that soon you'll need a passport to come to Minnesota, so that could be considered international.
But, really, you should go to England. It was fun! Italy is where I am planning on us going for our 20th Anniversary. Austria, Switzerland, all of Europe.
I think you should probably go to Muncie, Indiana next. Jk, I would never choose to visit Muncie if I had the chance. Really I would say England.
I'm up for a group trip to Australia.
Jacob is insanely jealous that you visited Amsterdam. It's very high on his bucket list.
Post a Comment