Tuesday, October 13, 2015

General Conference Idea

I saw this idea to help kids pay attention during General Conference and decided to try it.

The chairs and pulpit were originally from the Friend, but I got them from a blog. The GAs were from the middle of the Ensign. I really liked the addition of the choir and organ pipes since that view is a Conference tradition. 
I also cut out the general auxiliary leaders and the Presidency of the Seventy (also because there was a good chance of some of them being called to the Quorum of the Twelve). They didn't get seats, but Camille generously seated some of the sisters in the empty chairs until the new apostles were called. I cut out some basic pictures of things I thought people might talk about as well.
Camille did a good job moving the little people to the pulpit for the first several talks. The topic pictures didn't get much use unless I prompted her. After awhile she started complaining that she couldn't tell who was speaking, which was probably a valid argument from a three year old. She did enjoy just playing with the little pictures though.

This was how the second session went.


I'm hoping it will be more successful next April.



4 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! Supermom!

Sarah said...

Eh, ask me how preschool is going...

Emily said...

Hey, I consider kids sleeping through conference a success. Can you share the blog you got those from? I have been vaguely thinking about doing some sort of conference activity for the past couple years, but haven't actually gotten around to it and I think this is a good one.

Sarah said...

https://primaryinzion.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/general-conference-chart-prophets-apostles-and-velcro-oh-my/