Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Arizona Trip

In the last six months I have visited Arizona twice. Although I am not a fan of Phoenix (too hot, too dry, and too many people), I very much enjoyed the people I saw there. The wedding and reception were very nice, and Jenae was as happy as could be. Owen threw up six times on the drive for reasons unknown to anyone except maybe him. That made the drive there long and gross and smelly. But we made it and saw Jenae get married and even saw the Grand Canyon on the way home. I so much wanted to hike down into the canyon, but with two small kids, that will have to wait for another trip at least 15 years from now.

We let throw up boy face forward after the first 3 throw ups in hopes that it would help the car sickness.


The guy who offered to take our picture got his finger in.
\

And to prove that our kids are big goofballs:



"Camille, smile for the picture!"


He was extremely tired, but wouldn't go to sleep until I sang the Mary Poppins "Stay Awake" song. He immediately did this pose and eventually fell asleep.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

So what did you think of the Grand Canyon?

That sweatshirt of Owen's looks great!

Janet said...

Yeah, was it everything you imagined? I'm planning the Grand Canyon as part of our big anniversary trip where we hike all over Southern Utah. No kids to worry about. Were the kids impressed at all?

Emily said...

Why did you go down the other time? Did she like the hamburger hot pads?