I really love our gas fireplace. It's so cozy to sit by the fire in the evenings with a good book.
I've successfully kept up with the Christmas spiritual thought advent thing Mom made several years ago. It might be the first time.
I had a $15 gift certificate to "The Civ," a small thrift store run by the city (all proceeds go to them). I hadn't been able to find anything to use it on, but last time I went I scored a pair of Old Navy khakis new with tags for Brian, three new-looking Thirsties diaper covers in cute girl prints, a Gap shirt for Owen, and a couple okay maternity shirts for me.
Owen's speech has gotten better this month. He says 4- 5 word sentences that we can actually understand sometimes.
The bad:
We spent $$$ on car repairs and still have more $$$ to spend, all while trying to save money to pay upcoming medical bills ($$$$ because of our insurance) and other related expenses and pay for Christmas things. And things in our house and car keep breaking.
Camille keeps asking for something she won't be getting for Christmas. I tried to prep her this morning by talking about how she might get some other cool thing, and she almost started crying.
The ugly:
We got the homeliest Christmas tree we've every had. It's worse because all the ornaments from the bottom 2/3 of the tree got packed away after Owen kept breaking them, all the presents got put away for the same reason, and one string of lights has had about 20 lights go out.




8 comments:
I hate cars. On our journey out west the cruise control got stuck and wouldn't turn off. Even when the car turned off. Scary. Good thing Jacob was in the middle of Nebraska with not a car in sight. And our windshield got a huge Spider crack that covers half the windshield and chipped by rocks. I'm ready to burn our car...for a car like yours that will still need repairs.
Your tree does look very sad. I'm sorry. But at least you scored good deals at the thrift store.
Well, at least your car repairs were only $$$ instead of $$$$ like ours were. But luckily, we don't have to spend a dime on baby expenses (because we pay $$$$ in insurance premiums every month).
We keep saying we'll get a real tree next year, but then we keep putting up the same $10 tree we've always had. Grace has broken at least four ornaments. Her favorite Christmas activity is swiping all the Little People Nativity figures onto the floor every morning and any time I pick them up.
Also, I didn't even put out Mom's advent thing this year because I never keep up with it and it's falling apart. We were doing the scripture thing from the Friend, but then Grace tore it in pieces.
I really want to know what Camille wants so badly.
We are just a few dollars away from $$$$ for the car. When it goes back to the shop, it probably will be $$$$ more.
She wants a bouncy unicorn.
I really want to curl up with a good book by your fireplace.
Luckily, our two car expenses this month were not too bad (a new battery) and a hose to reconnect the windshield fluid hose back together. The guy at Autozone just gave me a scrap piece he had laying around for free. Thank goodness.
We have never had a problem with that advent calendar, but we do need to find a different way to keep it. Each year a few cards rip through.
MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR. :( :( :(
Post a Comment