Saturday, January 27, 2018

Living in a Winter Wonderland

We really hadn't gotten much snow until this week except for a few inches when it was super cold. We've learned that the colder it is, the more powdery the snow is, so that snow wasn't good for snowmen, and it was too cold to play outside anyway. It was good for science experiments though. So cool.


The blizzard was kind of exciting. Almost exactly two years ago, we had a similar blizzard the first week we were here. Brian was already gone on his first business trip, so the kids and I hunkered down in the bat cave. We hunkered down again for this storm, except Brian still rode his bike to work. You should ask him how the ride home went.


We are glad we got a snowblower. It still took like 2 hours to clear the like 1000 square feet of driveway we have, plus Brian helped the neighbors.


South Dakota has awesome sunsets.


I'm really proud of this next picture. Look how beautiful it is here.


What do you do when you spend a lot of time inside? Eat.


 Also, pick nits out of your daughter's hair.



Bonus Christmas pictures:






4 comments:

Janet said...

Where'd you find the matching jammies?

I can't believe Brian rode his bike to work in that. Hasn't he ever read oOn the Banks of Plum Creek?

Sarah said...

Children's Place.

Sarah said...

And no. He hasn't read On the Banks of Plum Creek.

Joanna said...

Santa had the same wrapping paper that you had. I really liked it.