Owen has been more involved in saying his prayers, as in he has been thinking of his own things to say rather than asking what to say or repeating common prayer phrases. He has said some pretty funny things, borderline irreverent. I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing sometimes.
One of the first weird things was, "Please bless Yourself." That can spark some theology debates.
"Please bless me to grow bigger than a house."
"Please bless me to fly."
"Please bless me that I can get light-up shoes."
"Please bless me to learn more about birds and to know what's an eagle and what's not an eagle."
"Bless me to catch better like in baseball so then I can play football."
There are probably more, but we still can't understand some of the things he says, so I'll have to wait to laugh until I read the angels' notes in heaven.


5 comments:
Get the boy some light up shoes already. Reward his little faith.
Andrew's prayers are always very generic. Bless everyone who needs help to get it. Bless everyone who needs work to get work. Bless everyone in the whole wide world.
One of my favorite prayers was an old lady in Argentina who prayed "bless all the saints in Utah." Tough luck for the saints in the rest of the world.
I agree- get him some light up shoes.
Those are pretty good. Brooke's are all pretty nice and thoughtful, but Haley's are more interesting, if she actually tries. Things about going fast, being super strong, that Royal can grow as big as a house, etc. She always ends up acting out these things, too, which isn't too reverent.
Meghan's most recent awesome prayer has included "Please bless us to be good when Grandpa Joslin is here." Maybe we have terrorized her by telling her that Grandpa Joslin doesn't like it when kids are naughty.
I want to see Haley act out her prayers.
I forgot "Bless this food (it was fish that he already had pronounced as yucky) that it will taste yummy like applesauce."
Post a Comment