Saturday, June 27, 2020

Summer 2020

Remember how I sometimes post summer goals? My goals for this summer are 1. Keep the kids alive. Bonus if I keep Owen from regressing on his reading and writing gains.

Here are some things we've been up to:

He is up to at least 20 snakes caught (and rehomed to a park). HE BROUGHT THIS ONE INSIDE THE HOUSE.

I'm not too sad that the dance recital was cancelled, but I am sad that we paid $120 for two costumes that weren't worn. This fairy one is cute and will get played it. The hip hop costume is terrible and won't ever be used again.

We got a pinata for the kids since there were no birthdays parties this year. Again, I'm not too sad about that. 

Our sweet neighbor does balloon twisting, and she offered to make something for Camille's birthday.

Beekeeping is an adventure. One hive is thriving. The other is doing weird things and giving us lots of learning experience. I doubt it will last the winter.

I like to look for rainbows. If you look closely, you can see the double rainbow.

Maple and I are running buddies again. She loves to run through any water that she can get too, including gutter water from sump pumps, big puddles, and the river when we are close enough. 

Grandma and Grandpa gave Owen a drone helicopter. He was in heaven flying that thing. After several days of flying, charging, flying, charging, it got thrown off balance somehow and won't fly.

Maple has finally settled down enough that the kids can play in the backyard without her tackling them. She and Owen play together really well, which is one of the main reasons we got a dog.

Camille's baptism

1 comment:

Emily said...

I read your blog. Good job. With everything.