Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Student's Life

Yesterday I woke up at 6:30 to do my laundry. I got some other stuff done and got ready for my 9:00 class. I managed to stay awake the whole time even though the demos were boring. The last one redeemed the others, though: The professor shot a ping-pong ball into a kid's back with the force of 6 Gs. After that I hurried to the Marriott Center to get a seat for President Hinckley's devotional. It was packed, and we managed to get a seat looking at President Hinckley's back. It was awesome to hear him talk. After that I went to the bookstore to get a few things, and I ate lunch. I got a free t-shirt and a free hot dog at the Homecoming kick-off,which made me happy. After that I went to work. When I got off work I went read over the material for my lab. I went to the lab, and spent two and a half hours trying to work the equations for the data we got. Finally, at 8:45 I got home. I ate a burrito and a big bowl of ice cream, and I talked with some girls in the ward about the Ohio State Buckeyes, and I headed off to bed for another long day.

Over the weekend I went to the IndiaFest. I ran into Rachell Roberts, which was fun. As my friends and I were walking around a girl in a sari ran up to us and asked, "Do you want to help get the devil out of the pond?" We excitedly ran up to the pond to participate in this cool religious ceremony where we help exorcise a devil. We were disappointed to instead find that a big cardboard devil that they were going to burn had fallen in the lake, and they needed help lifting it out. It was funny anyhow. After, we watched the BYU game at Kiwanis park on a huge screen. It was fun to watch the game outside like that with 1,500 other students, but it was also a disappointment. At least Ohio State won.

I'm looking forward to Homecoming weekend, although I'm having my wisdom teeth taken out on Friday. I'm pretty positive I'll take it well though. I will post some pictures when my friend emails them to me...which could be awhile.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

If you really want to show the world how much you love Ohio State, you and your friends can do this: http://www.osu.edu/O-H-I-O/index.php?formControl=on

By the way, this new template seems to work, at least on my computer.

Ben S said...

are you classes hard again?

Janet said...

haha, you would like the free food and shirt! is it a nice shirt?

Tracy said...

Everything is better when its free!!!