Monday, December 10, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007






Finally, here are the pictures from my Thanksgiving. The first ones are from a hike we did around the rim of Snow Canyon by St. George. The others are from Hop Valley, in Zion National Park. It was amazing, and I'm positive that a camera can't compete with being there and seeing the awesome views in person. But, here they are. It was cold up above the canyon, especially with the biting wind, but in Zion's we were alright with jeans and a long sleeve shirt. The highlights are hiking through a sandstorm, (no one was willing to take their camera out of their backpack for some reason,) seeing some dead cows on the valley floor, and not seeing a single soul the whole time we were hiking the second day. Who wouldn't want to hike a couple miles through the sand to see those views?

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Joe said...

I'm very jealous. When I was in Provo, we tried to hike to Angel's Landing in Zion, but a snowstorm forced us to turn back as we were reaching the chains near the top. We did get to play in the really narrow crack above St. George. I need to see if I still have any pictures from that trip.

Shannon said...

yo, yo- where's our Christmas card?! :P