Dear family,
I am doing well here in Tilda. We have a lot of investigators and they are progressing well. Yesterday we had 7 investigators in church, and they are all people they can be baptized. Remember Pedro, my mariachi friend? He came to church! Really he came to talk to the bishop about something he does with kids sports, but he was there for 45 minutes in his suit jacket and everything.
Saturday we had our first baptism in Tilda, Marcelino. I bought new batteries so that I could take pictures, but I should have known. They were Peruvian made, and only lasted one picture. Hopefully I can get some of the pictures from my comp. We were happy to see him baptised because he is a real convert. The elders that share the capilla with us brought an investigator, and they were asked to give a talk at the baptism. It made me laugh because they read 3 Nephi 11:33, which is a great scripture about baptism, but they also read verse 34, which says that those who are not baptized will be condemned. Yesterday Marcelino was confirmed, received the priesthood, and was interviewed for a calling. Transfers are next week, and either my comp or I is going to be transferred. Neither of us want to because we have lots of investigoatrs and the ward supports us so much. Plus the pension is good. By the way, I weighed myself today. It cost a sol, but it was worth it. I weigh the same as when I went to the doctor in Huanuco, which surprised me because I thought I had gained weight.
We had our p'day with the hermanas. It was a lot of fun, and Pres Leyva took us to Alcomar, which is the tourist zone of Lima, probably where Dad goes when he comes to Peru. We ate at Tony Roma's. You guys don't even take me to Tony Roma's, and there is one 3 minutes from our house. I enjoyed it very much. Later I played Disney scene it with their duaghter. She likes me because she wants to go to BYU, and she wants to study biology, so we make a good team. I talked to Hermana Leyva about my mail that never arrives, and she said she checked in the office, and nothing has arrived there. She thinks you are writing the address wrong. I said I don't think so, and she said you could try to claim the packages at the post office. What I understand from that is that I'm not going to see the packages again. This week I got letters from Jo and Jan and Carolyn and Katrina.
This week we have a conference with elder Christofferson, which will be exciting.
In other news, there isn't much news. Oh yeah, this is funny. We have an investigator named Jesus, which is a normal name. He is the sobrino of the pensionista. She told us that his mom is named maria, and his dad is jose. So, we are teaching Jesus, the son of Joseph and Mary.
I'm sad that BYU lost. It made me so excited that they were doing well, but they always break under pressure. Tell Joe and Tracy and my namesake hi. I would love to hear from them.
I don't have any pictures to send because of the previously mentioned batteries, so thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment