Monday, February 23, 2009

Huancayo Zone
Canto Grande

Dear Family,

Sorry about the erased letter business and it's always when I take time to write a good letter that it happens.

I don't remember what I wrote last week, but I guess it wasn't that important since I can't remember. But Happy Birthday Mom.

Hna Garrison and I are doing well here in Los Andes. We had two good baptisms this week. One is of a 15 year old girl, Jackie, that we had been teaching since December. Really, we have seen miracles working with her. The other baptism was Rosa, and there were also miracles involved with her baptism. She has known about the church for years, and received the lessons about a year ago. We are going to focus now on her two teenage daughters. We have a lot of baptisms planned for March, and I am praying to stay here in my area, and I think I will. We have a family that is going to get married and baptized, and I am super excited for them. Their goal is to go to the temple to be sealed. Too bad their oldest kid is only 7 years old.

For pday last week we went out to the country to a pretty place, and I'll try to send pictures of it. In the beginning of February it stopped raining so much, but it picked back up again. I am sick of trying to clean all the mud off my shoes, but they say March is even worse. Due to all the rain, there have been huaycos, mudslides in the mountains, and the road to Lima was shut off for a few days.

I'm glad your birthday was good. By the way, I got the package, and I really appreciate the shoe insoles. I also got letters from Janet, Casie, and Jodi. Casie has now superceded my brothers in letters to me. I was a little sick this week, with flu type stuff, plus the everlasting stomach problems. I am praying for Jeff, and I hope he can finish his mission well. I got a Christmas card from him last week.

We had interviews with the president this week, and he told me that he got a letter for my ecclesiastical endorsement.

Thanks for all your love and support, and thanks for always writing me.

Love,
Sarah

Ps They call piano music a pentagram. I don't know why.

No comments: