


For the benefit of those with whom I did not talk yesterday, I will write a short letter, and then I will send pictures.
It was great to talk to everyone, but now it's back to work. Hna Garrison did a conference call with her family, so everyone talked to her. I don't know if our sarcastic family would be able to pull it off though. PS. I got Emily's letter. It pretty much didn't say anything.
Saturday we killed and ate Janet and the other chicken. I made a movie of the slaughtering of Janet, and then I helped in the killing of the fat chicken. Now I know how to kill and prepare a chicken to be eaten over a hot stone oven. When we killed the other chicken, I was in charge of holding it, and after they slit its neck, it got really restless and sprayed blood all over me. I had to walk home from breakfast looking like a murderer. The pachamanca didn't turn out that well due to a too cold stone oven, and the fact that someone forgot to put sugar in the humitas, which are like sweet tamales. I ate Janet's leg and thigh. It was disappointingly tough, or maybe I just didn't enjoy it because I knew it was my pet chicken that I bought and raised. Please see the attached pictures.
We had multi-zone conference and interviews, and everything went well. But we missed two afternoons of proselyting, and the afternoons are when we get the most done. I was wondering if maybe we aren't good sister missionaries because the sisters in the other zone wore matching outfits for the interviews and the conference. My district leader assured me that he would make fun of us if we did wear matching outfits, so I felt better.
That's about it. I'm sending pictures of the pachamanca and p-day last week. We went to a trout farm, and it was pretty. Love you all lots and thanks for everything,
Sarah
It was great to talk to everyone, but now it's back to work. Hna Garrison did a conference call with her family, so everyone talked to her. I don't know if our sarcastic family would be able to pull it off though. PS. I got Emily's letter. It pretty much didn't say anything.
Saturday we killed and ate Janet and the other chicken. I made a movie of the slaughtering of Janet, and then I helped in the killing of the fat chicken. Now I know how to kill and prepare a chicken to be eaten over a hot stone oven. When we killed the other chicken, I was in charge of holding it, and after they slit its neck, it got really restless and sprayed blood all over me. I had to walk home from breakfast looking like a murderer. The pachamanca didn't turn out that well due to a too cold stone oven, and the fact that someone forgot to put sugar in the humitas, which are like sweet tamales. I ate Janet's leg and thigh. It was disappointingly tough, or maybe I just didn't enjoy it because I knew it was my pet chicken that I bought and raised. Please see the attached pictures.
We had multi-zone conference and interviews, and everything went well. But we missed two afternoons of proselyting, and the afternoons are when we get the most done. I was wondering if maybe we aren't good sister missionaries because the sisters in the other zone wore matching outfits for the interviews and the conference. My district leader assured me that he would make fun of us if we did wear matching outfits, so I felt better.
That's about it. I'm sending pictures of the pachamanca and p-day last week. We went to a trout farm, and it was pretty. Love you all lots and thanks for everything,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment