I don't want to sound whiny, but this is a pet peeve that's really getting to me. Every time I get on the internet, especially on Facebook, I see it. Here are some examples I found on Facebook today.
im guessing your talking about jordan lol
Your more important
your in america
Just wait till your nursing
Did you not go to elementary school, or middle school, or high school? I remember learning about your problem almost every year. Sheesh, I know I don't have perfect grammar, and I don't expect others to have perfect grammar either, but this is pretty basic. I know the wrong one slips out sometimes, but this is like an epidemic. Sometimes someone has good intentions, and something like the following comes out.
Tomorrows you're birthday!
Okay, maybe the writers were having a computer problem, and they meant this:
I'm guessing that your talking about Jordan is bothering him. lol
Your more important choice is what university to attend.
Freedom is yours in America.
Just wait till your nursing degree is finished.
Most of these people are college graduates. I'm just not sure how they made it through their (they're, there?) freshman English class.
9 comments:
This link is a good example of what you're talking about.
http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/7/7f/Wrong_your_956.jpg
LOL. I'm pleased to inform you that I am not one of the annoying perpetrators of said grammatical errors. ;)
Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree with you more! Mistaking you're for your drives me crazy!!!
I think it's a function of the shorthand English that is a result of texting, etc. People don't care to be correct anymore.
I really like YOU'RE blog post.
Were you talking about me?
Someone at the marathon had a sign that read, "your doing great." I didn't know it was my doing great.
I think it's based on laziness, not stupidity.
Sarah: so for the first time in awhile I was reading you're blog. Your so funny. Even when your being critical of the world, you're way of doing it makes me just laugh. Maybe its because I miss you. If I would of known you up date you're blog so much, I would read it more. Alot of people think their funny and that they're blogs are interesting to, but theirs isn't! Yours is different than the rest of them. Thank you for effecting my life.
Post a Comment