Friday, September 24, 2010

State Fair

We went to the Utah State Fair last weekend where I reminisced about the Knox County Fair and Brian got cultured.  It was his first fair experience, and he was awed, especially by the ferris wheel.  He was a trooper though and went with me to see the animals, the floriculture building, and  the home arts building.  We also enjoyed seeing...

this giant robot that scared most of the kids


a guy on his weird tractor that rode around squirting people with a squirt gun


and the ferris wheel!!


From when we got in line to when we got on, it got dark.


The view from the top.  If you look hard, you can see the ferris wheel that we would have gone on next.  It's the ride farthest back, in the middle, named "The Zipper."  I remember going on a similar ride with Dad when I was pretty little and loving it. We had just eaten a funnel cake and hot dogs, so I thought maybe we should hold off on the upside down rides.


We had a great time, but it was a little less fun and a little more expensive than I remember from my childhood.  Maybe we were missing out because we didn't ride the Gravitron a million times in a row.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

The Knox County Fair is really pretty good for a county fair. And pretty much everything is more expensive than I remember it!

Brian said...

Great post honey.