Saturday, April 9, 2011

Who wants a hair cut?

And if I really like you, I will cut more than one of your hairs.

My frugalness has reached a new level.  Brian will no longer be paying $6 to get his hair cut.  Last night we took a trip to Walmart to get this:



I was actually pretty nervous about cutting his hair without practicing at all.  I watched about 10 YouTube videos about it and read the detailed instructions that came with the clippers.  Brian wanted me to start with a #8 so I could get a feel for it without cutting too much off.  The #8 really didn't cut anything off, but I got the feel of it and moved down to a 3.  Brian likes the top cut with scissors, which was the part that scared me, but YouTube came to the rescue and I saw how to properly blend.  Look how well I did for my first try!


Brian looks a little tired in this picture.  Maybe that's because it took me 45 minutes to cut his hair.  Now I just need to learn to cut my own hair...

3 comments:

Joanna said...

It only took you 45 minutes? I spend about an hour making sure that Ben's hair is blended perfectly.

Margaret said...

Maybe you could take lessons from Emily. She cuts her own hair all the time.

Nathan S. said...

That is the exact same hair cut kit that Courtney used on me! You did a very nice job!