Saturday, March 23, 2013

Introducing Holly Wood

We got a pet! We decided our first pet (not counting our fish) should be a cat because they are generally less expensive and take less attention. And I prefer cats over dogs. In the future we'll probably get a dog, but that can wait until we have kids old enough to take care of it, and hopefully a bigger yard.

So we got Holly Wood, known at the cat shelter as Betty. She has always been (and will continue to be) an outdoor cat, which is one reason why we chose her. She is very friendly. We kept her in the house the first evening, and then in the garage the first night. The next day she went outside supervised a couple of times, and then she was on her own. The first day she was gone for like nine hours. I was afraid she had decided to head back to Sevier County, her old home, but she showed up on the patio that night.



Camille loves her. This has been a frequent sight around here:



In other news, we had a mouse in our house. It was exciting. Notice I said had. It was disposed of, no thanks to Holly.

While Mom was here she got some pouches for Camille. Camille really liked the pouches, but those things are expensive--over a dollar each. They are, however, a good way to get a picky self-feeder to eat vegetables and fruits, so I bought some reusable pouches. In addition to being able to feed Camille foods that she normally won't eat, they have been very convenient to feed her at church or on-the-go. (I don't really feed her on-the-go that much since we hardly ever go anywhere.)

She has also become obsessed with the dishwasher. Maybe soon she'll help me load and unload it.

Enjoying some delicious puree out of her awesome reusable pouches

Enjoying a candy cane

Leaving sticky candy cane hand prints all over the kitchen

Stuck under the dishwasher. She was crying until I pulled the camera out.

Getting in the dishwasher.

A new favorite game is sitting in this little box and having someone push/pull her around in it.


2 comments:

Joanna said...

I wonder how long Camille and Russell could keep each other entertained.

Emily said...

I just hope Holly was a "free kitten for sale" and that you didn't actually play money for a CAT.