Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's happening here

Business first. The royal baby's name was announced as George Alexander Louis. I believe the winner of this contest was this comment




Blogger Sarah said...
As moderator of the contest, I'm allowing myself to guess. I guess Anne or George.
December 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM
 Delete

with a nod to Joanna for acknowledging that the baby would at least have three names, and choosing George as one of them (but not the first). Sorry, it's a little shady that the contest administrator won, but I probably won't buy myself a piece of gum, so don't get too upset. I'm not a huge fan of the name George, but then again, I'm not British, and I'm not royalty.

We enjoyed having Mom come for a visit. Mom made friends with Camille and Holly. Camille even learned to say Grandma (Bapa!). We had fun hanging out, doing a little shopping, and seeing the Scera Theatre's production of The Sound of Music, which my cousin's wife was in as Maria. Dad was here for a night, and Camille even warmed up to him after being pushed in the swing and visiting Holly with him.


At the Traverse Outlets in Lehi
Joanna and Ben also stayed here Monday night before their family reunion at Bear Lake. We took no pictures, but we had fun together. Russell really liked the new toys, and Camille even let Joanna and Ben hold her for a little bit. She was pretty grumpy the next morning though and was happy to have the house to herself after they left.


Brian and I spent a night in Park City for our anniversary. We ended up getting "bumped" from our hotel room since the hotel was overbooked, and we got a free night in a not-quite-as-nice-but-still-fine hotel. The next morning we rode the alpine slide, which was awesome. It was fun to get away for a night. Camille did great at Grandma and Grandpa Wood's house.
On the lift up to the alpine slide

We also celebrated Brian's birthday. I even turned the oven on to make his cake. Sorry to all future gift-givers, but I got him just about the best gift ever: a Leap Motion controller. Now he can pretend he's Iron Man.

Happy Birthday!
Other than those exciting things, we just do normal things. I've tried to get out a lot with Camille for a walk, run, or bike ride. I've also been working on cooking without the oven. I made pizza on the grill yesterday, and we both thought it was very good. Brian has been putting a lot of time into the video he's making of the trek the ward did for Youth Conference. He did not enjoy Scout Camp.

I don't know what made her sad this time, but she's really pathetic looking when she's sad.

But when she's happy, she's really happy.




2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so glad they both like me!

Emily said...

That contest was rigged. I'm suing Yahoo. Actually, George was the other name they were saying, but I just couldn't picture a young couple naming a baby George. I'm pretty sure I would have been spot on with a girl though.