Sunday, May 4, 2014

An update from the Woods

Camille is at church with Brian, and I'm home with Owen. I have the easy job...Owen sleeps.

Owen has been a calm, easy baby so far. Hopefully that continues. He sleeps a lot and eats a lot, which is very opposite how I remember Camille as a baby. Owen looks a whole lot like Brian. I can't seem to take a focused picture of him, so here are some blurry ones.




Camille is a girl with a personality and awesome hair. Her latest obsessions are putting marker caps on her fingers, bees, wearing mittens, Super Why, and Owen. You know how babies sleep with their fists up at the sides of their head (see above picture)? Camille thinks that Owen wants to give her knuckles, and often tries to get her hand up to his to pound knuckles with him. She usually wakes up at 6 AM, won't nap, and spends all afternoon and evening melting down.


After writing about not buying anything for Baby #2, I did buy this bassinet. It has a fully-zippered canopy that has been great to keep Camille and the junk she carries around away from Owen. If she finds him in the open bassinet, this is what happens.
This picture melts my little heart.
Brian has been working and working. He's been really good about giving Camille attention when he gets home from work. Camille really likes climbing on his back and asking him for horsey rides.

I've been feeling mostly great. I spend my time feeding a newborn, cleaning up after a toddler, and keeping the toddler from crushing the newborn with her not-so-gentle love. I successfully made it out of the house with both kids one day. It hasn't happened again since then.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Love you all!

Joanna said...

That is a cute picture! I think Russell had a white version of that same little cowboy outfit.

Janet said...

I like that blanket Owen has in that picture. Also, I hope Owen ends up in his bassinet with some awesome treats from Camille.

Emily said...

I didn't know you had Grinch syndrome.

I wonder if Lauren and Camille would have fun together. I kind of think Andrew might not have so much fun. But he would definitely love the baby!

Whitney said...

They are so stinking cute together! Awwwww. I love the picture of Camille in the bassinet