Sunday, September 28, 2014

Church Today

It was a big day at church. Our bishop passed away the day we got back from Mom's funeral, and today the new bishopric was called. There were of course lots of people at church today.

We made it through the sustainings and the blessing and passing of the Sacrament. Camille was kind of wild. At one point I asked her if she needed to use the potty. She said no, and then started yelling more and more loudly. I grabbed her and started to take her out. She began yelling, "Mommy, no me go peepee! Me go shurshwy (nursery)!" over and over. Everyone on our side of the congregation started laughing. Someone asked me if she had been yelling, "Mommy, don't spank me!" Great. I'm glad we could provide the comedic entertainment at church today.

After that episode, Brian was trying to get Owen to sleep. Owen has had a cold, so we were trying to keep him covered so he wouldn't contage everyone and to help him sleep. Brian had put a light blanket over him. It looked like he was nursing Owen, and that started some suppressed laughter again.

I took Camille to nursery and met Brian in our family history Sunday School class. Near the end I took Owen out and fed him. When I came back, class was almost over, and I gave Owen to Brian. Owen coughed, choked, gagged, and then threw up all over Brian.

I decided to take Owen home because he wasn't doing well at this point, plus he was all wet from throwing up. I drove home, leaving Brian to walk home with Camille. I put Owen to bed, and he took a nap. Church ends at 12:00, so I expected Brian and Camille home at about 12:30. It's a 10 minute (1/2 mile) walk for an adult. With Camille, it usually takes much longer because she stops at every rock she sees. They came in the door before 12:15 because Camille ran the entire 1/2 mile.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I always wonder what is going to happen in Sacrament meeting especially on days like today when Ben blesses the sacrament.

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones who get to provide comic relief during Sacrament. :) Good luck!