While some others had a bummer summer, I kind of feel like I've had a bummer fall. When we got back after the funeral, Brian started right in working fall hours, which usually means working a couple nights a week and lots of Saturdays. I was sick for three weeks with a cold, then a sinus infection, then pink eye. Owen also got quite sick with the same cold, Brian got the cold, and Camille got pink eye. Camille also had a fever when she had pink eye and was really difficult to handle for a week. I was barely making it until the kids' bedtime, which got moved up to 6:30 p.m.
I've been missing Mom lately. She was always good to Skype when I was having a hard time and she would always support and encourage me. Dad sent me a birthday card, but I miss opening a card filled with confetti. I wish I would have started doing family history work before she passed away so I could ask her about the people and situations I'm trying to figure out. Having so many records indexed and accessible through Ancestry has made genealogy so much easier, so I'm moving along way faster than she probably did, but still.
I enrolled Camille in a toddler tumbling class. It's been fun for her. The purpose in putting her in the class was more for the benefits of having her out of the house and interacting with other kids and adults than learning to tumble. It's been good, but I don't know if it merits the cost. The only time available was during Owen's first nap, so that's been tough on him.
I enjoyed my birthday. So did Owen, Camille, and Brian. Camille told me "Happy Birthday" about 27 times the past few days.
2 comments:
Ah, the days of first naps and second naps. Yeah, naps aren't scheduled anymore at our house.
Ya, I have been wishing Mom was around to skype with so she could reassure me that I am a good mom even though the only thing my babies ever want to do is cry no matter what I do.
Post a Comment