Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Things I love about Christmas this year:

The Church's "He Is the Gift" campaign
All the gifts I made/assembled (future post for the sewing blog)
The Christmas lesson taught in RS last Sunday
The kids' matching Christmas outfits (from Mom before Owen was even born)
The round lights on our Christmas tree
The "Angels We Have Heard on High" video done by the Piano Guys and David Archuleta (and some other guy I don't know)
That the gift Camille is most excited about is one she is giving to Owen
All the time Brian has off


We're trying to see how many times Santa can scare Camille.



And no Christmas is complete without random gifts left on the porch from Jane to the Hurtados. This year we got a string of fiber optic dragonflies and a Backwoods Home Cooking cookbook.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That's awesome. Any good recipes in that book?

I liked your Christmas photo, especially your red maxi skirt.

I got a lot of ideas of gifts to make when it was too late to make them. I did make Andrew a Christmas tie, but I didn't quite finish it, so it was fastened in the back with a safety pin and then Preston put a vest over it so only the knot was visible. Oh well.

My favorite Christmas video will always be the Longfellow/I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day one.

I wish I could have been in your RS. The Christmas lesson I taught on the fly to Lauren's class didn't go too well and the last RS lesson I was in was mostly about incest. Inspiring.

Jacob said...

That is awesome. You should leave a note on your door for Jane all December long saying thanks.

This is Janet.

Joanna said...

I am already happy that next Christmas we aren't going to be moving.