When it finally got cold enough to turn on the heat, we turned it on low so it would just run when necessary overnight. We realized that we were doing fine with the thermostat set so low, so we just kept it at 62 pretty much all the time. We turn it up to 65 occasionally, but we're usually fine wearing jackets around the house if we get too cold.
It has led to this:
Since I don't handle heat well anyway, I've enjoyed our cool house. I do admit that it does feel good to occasionally visit warm houses and stores.
5 comments:
That is pretty extreme. I reluctantly conceded that we needed to keep our house a little warmer this year since we have a baby. It still generally hangs out around 65 though.
I am frequently informed that we still use more energy than our neighbors, which I blame on so much laundry and the fact that we are here using energy all day while they all go to work.
I agree with Emily. If me and the kiddos weren't home all day, we'd have retty cheap bills.
Our house usually hangs out between 65-68 during the winter. We'd have it colder, but like Emily, our baby leads us to keep it warmer. Jacob talks about keeping it low to save money, but come summer, money seems to be no matter to him to keep it cool.
I convinced Ben that since we don't have a baby we don't need to keep our house as warm as he would like so we keep it at 67.
Coincidentally, ever since I had my thyroid taken out I have felt much cooler in our house. I don't know if this is due to regular thyroid levels or because it also coincided with the coldest week +8" of snow we got.
Post a Comment