Sunday, April 17, 2016

A New House

We finally closed on our new house. And by we, I really mean me since Brian wasn't even in the state. I had to sign for both him and me while our realtor basically babysat the kids.

I tried to take a picture of the kids in front of the house, but I had my finger over the lens. Oops.

But, we have a house now, and when Brian gets back we can move in. It's about time since having the kids share a bedroom isn't working out well. Owen has been going to sleep on my bed, and I've been moving him down to his crib when I get ready to go to bed. They still wake each other up before 6 am every morning. The past few mornings Camille has been wearing her witch's costume and Owen his rain boots both running around wildly when I go down to yell at them for waking up too early encourage them to go back to bed. The poor guy who lives above them...

I have found some little unique gems about our new house that I didn't notice before.

Cool waterfall faucets. Brian says he doesn't like them.

Behind the master closet (which is purple?), there are two more little closets and a little dresser in between the two little closets. I'm guessing someone made the closest bigger by just adding a new long closet in front of the entire wall where the two old closets were.

There is a detached two car garage with this long shed thing attached to the back. We didn't even know there was this other yellow shed back there. Storage galore in this house. Also, this is where I'm planning our garden.

And it came with this little half-grown cat. There are lots of strays around here.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I can't wait to visit!

People do weird things to houses.

Joanna said...

I can't wait to visit!

People do weird things to houses.

Janet said...

Storage space is awesome! I could use more of that. I can't wait to see pictures of the house.