Thursday, April 28, 2016

Owen's Birthday

Owen is the big 2 now. His birthday was the day after Brian got home from his week-long trip and the day before we moved to our house. We still managed to fit in his birthday party when Brian came home for lunch.

We conveniently got the perfect truck from Brian's grandma's house, so I didn't even have to buy a truck for his truck cake.


Owen got a lawn mower that blows bubbles. I was debating about getting him a Little Tykes basketball hoop, and I'm glad I didn't. The lawn mower is much loved and much smaller.



We moved into our house.


Owen has been busy closing himself into small spaces.



Look how green the lawn is. I just said to Ben today that I forgot how much it rains when you don't live in the desert.


The same day as Owen's birthday was the branch temple trip. One night the sisters went down, and the next night the brothers went down. It worked out pretty well except that we were each gone from 4pm-midnight the days we were trying to move. Our temple is the Winter Quarters Temple, which I really like. It has some really cool historical paintings and stained glass.



3 comments:

Joanna said...

I really want to go to thr Winter Quarters temple sometime.

Emily said...

The lawn mower was a good idea. The basketball hoop we got Andrew last year hasn't gotten much use. I would also like to go to the Winter Quarters temple.

Joanna said...

I foresee much fighting over the lawn mower when we visit.