I'm just curious and nosy about what other people do, especially things that may have gotten passed down from Mom.
1. When or how often do you do laundry? What laundry detergent do you use?
2. How often do you vacuum? How often do you clean the bathroom? How often do you run the dishwasher?
3. What is your monthly grocery spending? Does it include household products? What is your monthly eating out spending (including fast food and sit down restaurants)?
4. How often do your dinners include meat? What is your favorite kind of bean?
5. What does a normal dinner include, as in, what side dishes do you have?
6. What do you feed your kids for lunch?
7. How many hours of screen time do your kids have in a normal day?
8. What discipline methods do you use?
9. How often do you bathe your kids?
10. What should we name our baby? I'm desperate.
Here are my answers:
1. Mondays I wash all our clothes. I do a load or two of towels/rags/Owen's wet underwear through the week. Tide.
2. I vacuum about every other day. In our old house, it was like once a week. I clean the toilet about eevery other day, I clean the rest of it about once a week, sometimes less. We run the dishwasher every 3 daysish.
3. $275. Vermillion is a lot more expensive than Provo. I recently made a different budget category for household products. It's expensive. Our eat out budget is $30/month.
4. 3-4 dinners with meat, 3-4 dinners with no meat. 1. Lentils. 2 Black beans. 3 Cannelinni
5. Usually just a main dish and a salad or steamed vegetable side. Sometimes bread/rolls so Owen can eat something.
6. Sandwiches, quesadillas, chicken nuggets, hot dogs. cracker and cheese. Always with fruit and or carrots
7. 2
8. Time-outs, loss of toy, loss of tv time (punishment for me too)
9. 3 times a week, although I'm considering more.
10. My top choices have all been vetoed.
5 comments:
1. Once a week on Mondays. I like having everything all clean once. A load a day would be never ending. I make my own, but prefer Tide.
2. Every night, generally. Having a dining room table on carpet is nasty. Plus, we like vaccuuming. I don't clean the bathroom enough. It takes me a few days after noticing it's dirty to clean it. I do touch up the sink and toilet at least once a week. And 2-3 days for the dishwasher.
3. $0. JK, but seriously. It used to be $200, but I tried to keep it at about $130. And we never eat out. Ever.
4. Whenever I want. Seldom enough that Jacob thinks we eat tons of meat at Dad's. Kidney, even though it isn't very versatile.
5. A vegetable, sometimes a fruit, and sometimes a carb.
6. Sandwiches and fruit, sometimes veggie.
7. Normally 1.5 hours, but everything is shot right now and Brooke watches it a ton. Haley thinks it is really special, because she never watched any before we moved.
8. Not good enough methods. Time out, has to help right her wrong, tv taken away. Brooke's ultimate punishment is having to take a nap, which is punishment for all of us, because she doesn't sleep that night.
9. Saturday night. That is all, usually.
10. Anne, obviously.
1. I wash all the clothes on Monday, except whites, which get washed whenever we run out. I fold them all after the kids are in bed and hopefully put them away the next day, but sometimes they sit in baskets until Wed or Thurs. I wash towels at least once a week and Andrew's sheets when he wets the bed once or twice a week. I use All Free and Clear.
2. We have all hardwood floors, but I vacuum the living room rug once or twice a week and sweep the rest of the downstairs several times a week (I sweep the rug too). The bathroom gets cleaned well maybe twice a month, but I try to at least wash off the countertop once a week. The dishwasher gets run every day.
3. We haven't been very strict about it, but about $400. Boston is a lot more expensive than Vermillion and Provo and we all eat a lot. We don't have an eating out budget. We might do fast food once a month.
4. I try to be completely meatless twice a week, which means beans since I can't do cheese as the protein. Black.
5. A vegetable. The kids prefer raw. Occasionally bread, but not usually.
6. Andrew requests a grilled cheese sandwich every day. Well, his first request is McDonalds. He has grilled cheese, pbj, chicken nuggets, etc. Lauren has a fluffernutter, ham and cheese, mini bagels with cream cheese, or yogurt, along with a fruit and a vegetable.
7. Lauren, not much. Grace watches Mickey Mouse while I take a shower in the morning and Blue's Clues or Barney while I'm making dinner. Andrew watches a ton.
8. My kids are undisciplined. We used the stoplight method for a while, which worked well, but they grew out of it. Now we do time outs. Counting backwards from 5 works really well for Andrew. Not much works for Lauren.
9. M,W,Saturday, plus more as needed (ie, when Andrew wets the bed or when they get really dirty outside.
10. Wesley James. I'm not giving you any suggestions I might want to consider myself.
This is Emily, by the way.
I suggest never taking name suggestions from Jimmer. Or Emily.
1. Once a week on Monday. Then maybe a load of towels/sheets during the week if we go through a lot, but always bath towels/washcloths/bathroom hand towels on Saturday. Tide original or if I am feeling cheap Tide simply or whatever it is called.
2. Once a week the whole house. I also try to do the living room once during the week. Or this week it was twice on Thursday, once on Friday, once on Saturday. The bathrooms once a week. The dishwasher usually once a day or once every other.
3. $250-$300. I need to be better at budgeting, but I live with someone who has a huge fear of running out of food. Nope. Household products (including diapers) is about $100. It depends on the month and what we are doing. Some months $0 some months much more.
4. 4 days a week. While Ben's parents were here, every meal practically. I love black beans!
5. A main dish, a veggie or salad.
6. Whatever they'll eat. Sometimes sandwiches, almost always cheese, oranges and another fruit. Maybe lunch meat. Never leftovers because they refuse to eat them until I am eating it and they come begging for some. I try to follow this formula. 1 carb 1 protein 2 fruit/veggies.
7. About 2 hours maybe 3 if I really want to distract them in the afternoon.
8. Time-outs. Redirecting. Taking things away. Spanks when they are really naughty. Counting to three. Repeating the rules back. Send them to their room. To discipline the naughty behavior of waking up too early, they have to have quiet time.
9. Never. Ben does the bathing. Almost every night.
10. Ben says Bally.
See, we all wash clothes on Mondays.
Post a Comment