Sunday, June 25, 2017

More things happened

 Camille graduated preschool. I didn't realize preschool graduation was such a big thing. Also, I didn't give the teacher any sort of present. She doesn't seem the kind of person to expect this, but I know from my friend who taught the 4-5 year-olds at a daycare that they all gave her a gift card at the end of the year. Is that a thing?


We roadtripped to Fondy. It was nice to go and visit Ben, but it was a lot of driving for not being there very long. 



Having a minivan was awesome. It was way more comfortable and convenient than the SUV, plus we got 25 mpg. 


Emily did well on the trip, although feeding a baby in a car is hot and gross for both parties. She was still happy when she got attention and time out of the car seat. 


Camille turned 5. She chose those hard sugar decal things for her cake, and surprisingly, they weren't as gross as I remembered them being.



I got a trail-a-bike at a yard sale last fall. Camille was a nervous wreck about it, but Brian needed to drop her off at her summer program one day while I was taking another kid to the doctor. With a bribe of a new Barbie, we got her to get on the bike. They successfully made it without any mishap, and now Camille wants to go everywhere Daddy goes on his bike.


The kids always gang up on Emily. Poor girl. Also poor goopy eye.


We did the little hike overlooking the Missouri River. It was good except for when Camille was afraid we were going to get eaten by a bear and thought the trail was haunted.


When I went to practice the organ one evening, the sun was beaming and it was just so pretty. South Dakota has awesome sunsets.


We go to free lunch almost every day. It's our routine. And the kids LOVE "shopping" on Fridays. Look at this loot. This year they are including a meat option each week. Unfortunately my kids sometimes pick hot dogs over 2.5 pounds of free range boneless skinless chicken thighs.
 






3 comments:

Emily said...

1. Wow, Emily has some cheeks.

2. Teacher gifts are way over the top. Lauren made her teacher and Andrew's PreK teachers bookmarks. I considered getting them amazon gift cards, but decided that wasn't a smart way to spend our money. I would never give teachers candles, lotion, mugs, etc.

3. You are the organist now?

4. It just doesn't seem right that you get all that food for free. We totally live in the wrong place.

Joanna said...

Russell only drew a picture for his preschool teacher.

When Ben and the kids were camping, Meghan said she saw Bigfoot. And, then they had to keep looking for it.

Janet said...

I know Emily, free food every week. How nice.