This is for your benefit Janet, since you might be the only one left that checks blogs.
I am trying to plan out my summer. Here are my goals:
1. Do lap swimming at the pool more. I need exercise, and my joints need a break.
2. Make a lot of hats. I think my goal needs to be about 3 a week to make up for not sewing any hats in February, March, or probably April.
3. Repaint the wood dresser I bought like two years ago that has been sitting in the garage
4. Visit all SD state parks within 90 minutes, excluding recreation areas. I will list them so I can cross them off as I go: Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve, Good Earth State Park, Lewis and Clark/Gavin's Point area parks, Newton Hills State Park, Palisades State Park, Union Grove State Park, Spirit Mound. Also Possibly Ponca State Park in NE, but Brian won't want to pay for it.
5. Keep up with the garden
6. Participate in the library summer reading program
7. Lose 10 pounds by the time we go on our trip
8. Sew awesome things: new shorts for me, new shirt for Owen, new suit pants for Owen, jeggings for Camille
Goals for the kids:
1. Get Owen better at reading and especially writing. Also work on self-help skills like buttons and snaps. Make him use his workbook every weekday.
2. Teach Emily colors, shapes, and the rest of the alphabet. Also sing with her more.
3. Teach Camille multiplication. Keep up on her piano lessons, maybe even 2/week. Make her use her workbook every weekday.
I have to fit those things around the kids' activities, which will probably be swimming for the bigs (2 week session), tumbling for possibly all of them, theater week for Camille, and art week for Camille. And free lunch, which I love, but it takes a lot longer than feeding the kids a hot dog at home.
How much of these do you think I'll get done?
4 comments:
You are ambitious. I mostly just want to read a lot with the kids and do a lot of fun summer stuff.
What workbooks do you use for your kids?
Also, I'm glad I came back to see if anyone else read your blog.
Last year I used the Summer Fit workbooks, and they were okay. This year I got the Big Kindergarten and Big Third Grade books by School Zone. I always get a grade up for Camille, and some parts are good or too easy, and some are way too hard, so we might borrow some from last year's if there are too many too hard pages. My kids never finish the workbooks.
My favorite was one I got at Aldi in Rochester in their clearance section 3 years ago, but I have never been able to find it again.
And I decided that Camille will have to choose between tumbling and art, and we won't do tumbling for Emily.
And even people outside the family check in to see what you're all up to! Nice to see all those happy faces. Mary
Post a Comment