Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Summer Review

As usual, I didn't get as much done as I wanted. I always look forward to having the kids home and having an open schedule, but then I regret having the kids home with an open schedule after a week or two.

I did more lap swimming this summer than the previous one. I really liked it, except that there is a little group of summer swim team kids that takes up three or four of the six lanes in the lap pool. I think swimming will be my exercise of choice when my body can no longer handle running.

I didn't do so great at making hats during the first part of the summer, but I kicked into high gear once school started. I did some other great sews, including the kids' tank tops, my flannel snap shirt, pjs for kids.

I didn't even attempt to visit the state parks.

I did pretty well caring for the garden until about September. By then I was busy trying to keep up with the large tomato harvest. Brian thinks he always ends up taking care of the garden, so he apparently thinks I don't do enough.

I again gave up on the reading portion of the library summer reading program for the kids. I just didn't like how it was set up. We did participate in some of the programming though. I participatred in the adult summer reading activity, and I won a prize!

I did not lose 10 pounds by the time we went on our summer trip.

As for the kids, Owen improved his reading marginally and his writing not at all. And he still is bad at doing buttons and can't tie his ties. Emily is better at colors, shapes, letters, etc, but more of that has happened since school started. Camille did not learn the multiplication tables, but she understands the idea of multiplication. She did pretty well at piano lessons. We really like the new piano books I switched her to. The workbooks got even less use than the summer before. I am not going to buy new workbooks next summer. We have plenty started but not even half finished.

Camille and Owen did swimming lessons. I was hoping to get Camille to learn to swim, but she is not quite there. Camille loved her theater workshop and her art workshop.
Colorado National Monument

Boat tour of the Channel Islands




At the beach


Camping





No comments: