Friday, January 18, 2008

What to do when it's -2

-2. Yes, that's the high tomorrow. In degrees Farhenheit. So, one might ask, what do you do when it's so cold outside? Here is my list of top things to do when it is bitterly cold:




1. Roast mallows over the fire. This is a favorite hobby of mine perfect for those subzero temperatures. In Utah we roasted over bonfires, campfires, wood stoves and the microwave. It's quite fun to branch out. Other possibilities include Starbursts, grasshopper cookies, and flavored marshmallows. Be creative. Also, I recommend using those little Spanish cracker/cookies.




2. Bring in firewood. when it's so cold, fire is your friend, and it takes a lot of wood to keep a roaring one going. Plus, if you bundle up enough, you get warm carrying around all that wood.




3. Do Kathy Ireland, the exercise bike, or box. It's pretty darn hard to get motivated to go running when it's -2 with a wind chill of -30. Plus it feels really funny when your snot freezes. Janet also likes punching the tv in the basement.



4. Eat. This is probably my favorite. Anything from avocado to ice cream works. I like to do this one at all hours of the day and night.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

5. Watch Janet play basketball. She just played in a thriller against Antigo, a ranked team (or at least they were before DC Everest beat them.) They won 49-43. Janet got some key points at the end from free throws. That's in addition to the other points she scored earlier. She was also honored for being a senior. Way to make it to twelfth grade Jan.

6. Read. Reading is always a good idea, especially in front of the fire. Currently I am halfway through Anna Karenina. Also, I like to read the newspaper, National Geographic, the scriptures, and anything I can find.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Nice post, Sas.

Ben S said...

so.. ice cream... -2 in the high ... i dont get it

Sarah said...

It is never too cold for ice cream. That can be added to Emily's saying "Always room in the budget, always room in the freezer, and always room in the stomach for ice cream." It's -8 now and I was thinking I might go get some.