Sunday, February 24, 2008

Finer Things Club


In my favorite TV show, The Office, Pam, Toby, and Oscar have a club called The Finer Things Club. In the Finer Things Club, you meet once a month to discuss books and art and celebrate culture in a very civilized way. The debate can sometimes be heated but is always respectful. No plastic, no paper, and no work talk is allowed.
I almost laughed out loud today when the enrichment leader announced that next month there would be an activity--a celebration of womanhood. It involved a tea party (no tea), petit fours, and polite conversation. I'm glad the Relief Society is also celebrating the finer things in life.

4 comments:

Preston said...

Funny. I too was thinking that I enjoy the finer things in life. The Red Sox winning the world series, the Patriots making it to the Superbowl, BYU winning the Las Vegas Bowl, and chimichanga-salsa-sour cream lunches.

Sarah said...

We may have different ideas of what finer means.

Joe said...

Absolutely. Everyone should agree the finer things are a new computer game, a good fiction book, and 3 hour marathons of MythBusters

Margaret said...

Mythbusters??? You've got to be kidding!