Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dear Family,
I am excited to be in the last week at the CCM. I have liked being here and I have learned a lot, but I am ready to go. Things are pretty much the same here. Every day we learn more about how to be more effective missionaries and how to prach the gospel. This week I have been working hard to speak as much Spanish as possible. It is really hard to speak Spanish when you know your companion or district understands English. It has been especially helpful when we practice teaching lessons to the Latinos. Last Sunday I translated part of the devotional for the North Americans who can't understand much. It was so hard! It is different to be able to understand enough to know what they are saying, and to understand enough to translate every word while still listening to what they are saying.

Also last Saturday we taught a group of youth preparing to go on missions. We usually end up teaching girls, and they never participate very much in the lesson, so it makes it hard. We don't know whether they can't understand, or they just don't want to answer.
This week instead of going to the temple, the missionaries in my district going to Peru missions went to Immigrations to get our Peruvian IDs. It is always nice to be able to go outside the walls of the CCM, but we just sat for about 3 hours waiting. I did talk a little bit to a guy who is from the US, but grew up in Peru, and lives here now.

I am excited for Saturday because we are having another proselyting day. I am probably going to go to Ventanilla this time, which I am happy about. It is a poor area, and the missionaries who went there last time had more success, probably because they are more humble. Plus, I am happy to use my Spanish to teach the gospel.

Thanks for you love and support! I am sad I won't be able to talk on Mother's Day.
Love,
Sarah

PS Tell Dad thanks for his letter. I was happy to hear from him. And I didn't know Em and Preston were for sure living with you. I hope that goes well.

No comments: