Dear Family,
I had another good week in the CCM, I'm ansy to go out to the field. The new missionaries came in last week. There are more than the last group, over 100 I think.
Today is a holiday in Peru, It's like Labor Day, but they actually celebrate it. Not everyone could go to the temple because it was so much busier because of the holiday. My group got to go with the missionaries who haven't been to the temple yet, and we were their escorts. It was a neat experience, even though I couldn't speak very well to my missionaries.
The president of all the MTCs has been visiting here this week. He gave a really good devotional (in English) last night about how missionaries need to serve the bishop and the members in order to gain their trust, and then in return and in time, the members will help them by giving them references. He used the example of Ammon, and it was really effective.
I don't really have that much exciting news to write about. I had a funny story I was going to tell, but I don't remember it. I am happy to hear that eveything is going well at home, and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of my namesake. I thought maybe Joseph had written me a letter, but no, it was Mom. Thanks Mom. Mom, and or Janet, could you burn a copy of the 2007 EFY cd and send it to me? Thanks a billion.
I love you all, and I'm happy to be doing the Lord's work.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment