Dear Family,
Everything is going well here in Vitarte. We have been busy going to all the references that the members give us, which is super good. Yesterday was a little disappointing though because not a single one of our investigators went to church. It's been slow trying to start the area, but soon we will be caught up. The barrio is really strong, and helps alot. We had ward council for the first time in my mission. In Huanuco, one of the barrios had it once the whole time I was there, and the others, never. But I guess it is hard when there isn't any leadership. It was great, and the bishop spoke on how to help new members. They recently called 8 ward missionaries, and we are going to make them work.
This week we were walking home from an appointment that fell through, and a little girl ran up to us and said that her dad was calling us. So we turned back and found the guy. He said that this son had been going to church with a neighbor boy and recognized us when we walked by. The family is interested in the church, and the Dad told us he wants to change and have more religion in his life. We are really excited, and we are going to visit them tonight.
This week we moved into our new room. They recently painted it, but they painted it yellow, brown, and maroon--a color scheme I'm not a huge fan of. Hermana Leyva said to paint it again, and when she says something, it goes, so it will probably get painted. The pensionista is good. I think for the first time in my mission, I had a day without eating any chicken. Instead, we had hamburger. She tries to cook healthily, and I like it. And I've been feeling a lot better.
The weather here is cold! Whoever told me Lima was hot and it never rained was misinformed. Yesterday it was cold and rainy, but it's always like a misty rain. I am making good use of my coat, Mom. I think winter should be ending soon though.
I'm glad to hear the family is doing well. I still haven't received any mail through the normal mail system. I don't think it's a good idea to send anything to my street address, but I was thinking that maybe you could send something through DHL. I don't know if it is really expensive or not, but then it wouldn't be going through the Peru mail. How is BYU's football team doing?
Thanks for your love and support. Love,
Sarah
PS Did you get my letter home? I sent it last week I think. And it has some good pictures. It's a good letter too.
PSS I got a letter through normal mail from Emily. She said that Dad announced in church that I have severe intestinal problems.
1 comment:
Did Dad really say that?
Post a Comment