
Dear Family,
I'll hurry and write my letter and send it. My letter last week was good though.
This week has been hard because in our interviews the week before, Pdte. Leyva told my companion that she would be transferred, so she hasn't really worked much this week. I was sick the day of the interviews, and the Pdte. took me to the doctor after he finished with the interviews. The doctor gave me a strong antibiotic and something to reintroduce bacteria to my stomach. I have been feeling some better, but I don't think the medicine did much. After more than a week of eating soup I was glad to finally eat real food.
Pdte. Leyva is thinking of putting all the sister missionaries in Lima, so I might get the chance to close my first area.
Yesterday we had 7 investigators at church. 4 of them are not married but living together. 2 of the others are going to be baptized this month. We also received a golden reference yesterday of a 92 year old man who has been attending church in another area. We haven't contacted him yet, but I am excited.
Yesterday instead of doing the choir, all the missionaries in the zone trained in a meeting about missionary work for the two stakes here in Huanuco. My comp and I trained the leaders of Primary, RS, and YW. It went relly well, and later the stake president talked about the importance of retention. It was much better than doing the choir, which I am not enjoying much. The youth only go for the refreshments, and the stake president wants them to learn more songs and to sing the different parts.
I got the Scoresby family newsletter today, but nothing else. If anyone else is thinking of sending something, I would really enjoy a jar of peanut butter, knee highs, and shoe inserts. So
I just found out that I am being transferred to Vitarte in Lima. I am going to open a new area for hermanas, but with the same companion, Hermana Espinoza. I am a little disappointed to have the same companion because we don't get along super well, but hopefully we will do better. It will be exciting to have a new area.
I'm going to send the letter and later try to send pictures.
Love,
Sarah
I'll hurry and write my letter and send it. My letter last week was good though.
This week has been hard because in our interviews the week before, Pdte. Leyva told my companion that she would be transferred, so she hasn't really worked much this week. I was sick the day of the interviews, and the Pdte. took me to the doctor after he finished with the interviews. The doctor gave me a strong antibiotic and something to reintroduce bacteria to my stomach. I have been feeling some better, but I don't think the medicine did much. After more than a week of eating soup I was glad to finally eat real food.
Pdte. Leyva is thinking of putting all the sister missionaries in Lima, so I might get the chance to close my first area.
Yesterday we had 7 investigators at church. 4 of them are not married but living together. 2 of the others are going to be baptized this month. We also received a golden reference yesterday of a 92 year old man who has been attending church in another area. We haven't contacted him yet, but I am excited.
Yesterday instead of doing the choir, all the missionaries in the zone trained in a meeting about missionary work for the two stakes here in Huanuco. My comp and I trained the leaders of Primary, RS, and YW. It went relly well, and later the stake president talked about the importance of retention. It was much better than doing the choir, which I am not enjoying much. The youth only go for the refreshments, and the stake president wants them to learn more songs and to sing the different parts.
I got the Scoresby family newsletter today, but nothing else. If anyone else is thinking of sending something, I would really enjoy a jar of peanut butter, knee highs, and shoe inserts. So
I just found out that I am being transferred to Vitarte in Lima. I am going to open a new area for hermanas, but with the same companion, Hermana Espinoza. I am a little disappointed to have the same companion because we don't get along super well, but hopefully we will do better. It will be exciting to have a new area.
I'm going to send the letter and later try to send pictures.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment