Monday, September 1, 2008


Hi Mom,

We had Edelmira's baptism this week. It was great to see someone we have worked with for so long get baptized finally. The others in that group are not progressing due to not being married and in the family that is married, the dad won't give permission. We are working with new investigators trying to get them to pray and come to church. It looks like September could be a slow month in the area.

Yesterday I taught youth choir again. There were a lot of kids, at least 50, and I was trying to play the piano and lead at the same time. A girl that returned home from a mission the same time I got here helped me, and it went well. Plus, the stake approved a budget for refreshments for the choir, so everyone was a little more happy (except the pianist, who was not invited to participate in the refreshments).

I was sick yesterday and Saturday, I'm pretty sure with the same thing as before. I'll probably have to go back to the clinic. But, last night the pensionista made a remedy for me of egg white, oil and celery, and put it on my stomach to take out all the bad stuff. Then she covered it with newspaper and tied it on me with a cloth. I'm not quite sure how the germs get taken out, it has yet to be tested by the scientific method, but I do feel better today. I slept horribly though because my stomach hurt in the night and I had newspaper tied around my stomach.

I'm excited that BYU is ranked so high, but I doubt they'll stay. Who is the quarterback? And do they have the same kicker that couldn't ever make anything? Keep me posted.

Love,
Sarah

No comments: