Monday, December 8, 2008

Dear Family,

Today are cambios, and I'm leaving again to go to Mantaro, which is part of Huancayo. I'm really excited to go to provincia, and I am going to be the senior companion. There are two sets of sisters in Huancayo, and now all the rest are in Lima. Hna Tavara is going to train.

Don't worry, I took good advantage of the things here in Canto Grande, and in 6 weeks I think I gained about 15 pounds. But in Huancayo it is the cold, rainy season, so I'll probably lose again.

This week we have been busy. We don't have enough time to do everything we need to, and we already have this week full with appointments. But I'm not complaining, it's much better to have lots to do than to have nothing to do. Gregorio, our awesome investigator, was really sad because his wife said she didn't want to get married. We were going to teach them together, but the wife left and took all the kids. We are going to surprise visit today to talk to her. We also received a reference from the elders in the neighboring area who had been teaching someone in our area. Someone told them to give us the reference, so we went with them to meet the guy. He already has his asistencias, so hopefully we can do what the elders couldn't and get him to accept the baptismal challenge.

We had an activity of puertas abiertas, which consisted of the organizations setting up a display in a room, and we stood outside the iglesia trying to get people to enter. We got some good references from that too, even though only primary and young women showed up. We also had an activity with all the zone where we each presented an ordinance in the church from blessing a baby to sealing. Not many attended, but it was a good activity.

We already ate all my Christmas package candy. btw, I got the three christmas packages, but not anything from before. I was going to save the snickers bar until christmas, but yesterday after we finished our fast, it was sitting there lonely on my desk, so we ate that too. I am especially happy that you managed to send me some knee highs.

I am in the process of sending christmas cards, but I'm not sure that they are regular letter size, and I only put one stamp on them. If they cost more, everyone will owe the post office in my behalf.

That's about it. I'm excited to go to my new area. I have the feeling that I'll be there a long time. the missionaries from Bolivia who have been here since they got thrown out are going to stay here in Peru, so we are going to have over 20 hermanas in the mission. Thanks for you love and support.

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hmm. I've noticed Sarah's English is picking up more Spanglish grammar and vocab. It'll be fun messing with her when she gets home.