Monday, December 15, 2008

Dear Family,

I'm here in Huancayo safe. Huancayo is over 3,200 km high, and I got sick from the altitude change. Remember that Christams when we had the barfing disease? It was kind of like that but I haven't passed out. I'm mostly better now.

My compy is Hna Almidon from Nazca, Peru. She is older, like 35. But she works hard. She hasn't actually told me her age, even though I tried to sneak it out of her, but she got baptized 13 years ago when her friend the same age visited her after returning from her mission. That means at least 35.

Huancayo is pretty. There is actually grass and plants that grow on their own, and it is mountainy. My area is poor, and everyday we pass sheep and cows being led around, even though it is in the city. They say it's really cold, but it's not actually that cold. Yesterday we got caught in a cold rain storm, and that was cold. It's a lot better than the hot humid weather in Lima.

We don't have many investigators. The hermana whom I replaced finished her mission, and I think she may have slacked off a little at the end. But we are working, working, working.

For Christmas, all the missionaries outside of Lima are going to come here for a conferencia with the Leyvas. They opened an area in the jungle for hermanas, so they are going to come stay the night with us. Other than that, all the hermanas are in Lima. The conferencia includes a talent show...

I'm glad everything is going well at home. Thanks for your love and support. BTW mom, I shared my lemonade drink mix with the pensionista here, and she loved it, so if you happen to send me another package sometime soon, you could send some of crystal light.

I forgot to tell you that I sent a package to you. I hope it makes it because it was expensive to send, and I don't want your present to get lost because I won't be able to get another one. I sent it with the name and address of the pensionista in Canto Grande. I was going to send some food too, but it cost a lot more. I also sent a little package to Jenae and Liz, and they should have gotten it already, so we'll see.

Love,
Sarah

No comments: