Janet the chicken
at Nahuimpuqiuo
With Hermana GarrisonDear Family,
Everything is good here in Los Andes. Easter was a big disappointment though. The only thing they do is drink and watch religious movies all day on Thursday and Friday. They don't do anything for Easter Sunday. In fact, attendance was below average, and we didn't sing any Easter songs. But I did get my package (Thanks Mom!) and as I am typing, I am eating the Easter candy. I haven't looked at what else there is though.
Oh, we did see something exciting though. Hna Clariza said it wasn't for Easter though, it was for a quinceaƱos. One day we looked outside the kitchen window in the pension, and on the neighbor's clothesline were strung 25 dead cuis, drying to be cooked that night. I didn't have my camera, but my compy did, so you might get to see that photo.
Today is cambios, but the ZLs heven't gotten the email yet. So next week you'll hear.
This week we had a sudden, but long awaited baptism. Hno Nelson finally passed his interview with the stake president and wanted to get baptized right away. So Saturday the stake president himself baptized him. Now only one of that family is a nonmember, and she is dating a member, so soon she'll get baptized. The stake president was so happy that the dad got baptized that after the baptism, he took the family to a room and gave a blessing to each of them. And the daughter on the mission will be ecstatic to hear the news. This guy has been an investigator since August, but he works in a mine in Cerro de Pasco, so he only comes home for a night, a day, and a night before leaving again. Now he is home for vacations, so things got moving a lot faster for his baptism.
I'm going to send this and finish with another email.
Sarah
Everything is good here in Los Andes. Easter was a big disappointment though. The only thing they do is drink and watch religious movies all day on Thursday and Friday. They don't do anything for Easter Sunday. In fact, attendance was below average, and we didn't sing any Easter songs. But I did get my package (Thanks Mom!) and as I am typing, I am eating the Easter candy. I haven't looked at what else there is though.
Oh, we did see something exciting though. Hna Clariza said it wasn't for Easter though, it was for a quinceaƱos. One day we looked outside the kitchen window in the pension, and on the neighbor's clothesline were strung 25 dead cuis, drying to be cooked that night. I didn't have my camera, but my compy did, so you might get to see that photo.
Today is cambios, but the ZLs heven't gotten the email yet. So next week you'll hear.
This week we had a sudden, but long awaited baptism. Hno Nelson finally passed his interview with the stake president and wanted to get baptized right away. So Saturday the stake president himself baptized him. Now only one of that family is a nonmember, and she is dating a member, so soon she'll get baptized. The stake president was so happy that the dad got baptized that after the baptism, he took the family to a room and gave a blessing to each of them. And the daughter on the mission will be ecstatic to hear the news. This guy has been an investigator since August, but he works in a mine in Cerro de Pasco, so he only comes home for a night, a day, and a night before leaving again. Now he is home for vacations, so things got moving a lot faster for his baptism.
I'm going to send this and finish with another email.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment