Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dear Mom,

I am still here in Los Andes, and I'm still with Hna Garrison. At the end of this cambio, I'll have 6 months here. To keep us sane, we set some cambio goals and we keep working. We don't have any baptisms scheduled for the rest of the month, but we do have some planned for May.

I really don't have that much to say. The whole week we walked a lot, and even when people received us, we had to teach in the street. So we have had tired legs and sore knees this week. But the good thing is that the rain is finally winding down. Now it's just really dusty like the rest of Peru. I think I am allergic to all the dust or some plant, because I have had cold like symptoms for 2 weeks, and my eyes are itchy. But there is nothing I can do about it, so I'll just hope it goes away.

I enjoyed the package a lot. I'm not that skinny though, but I did keep the stitching in the skirt, and if I had access to a sewing machine I would make the shirt a little smaller. But I don't really care that much how well the clothes fit, as long as they stay on. I ate all the candy in two days, and it left me wanting more.

Can you do one thing for me Mom? I was thinking if it isn't too much work, I might do a Spanish minor. Could you look into it and decide if I want to do that or not? But if it's more than like 4 classes, I don't want to do it.

Uh, that's it. Really this week was super boring. I hope you have a good trip.

Love,
Sarah

No comments: