Monday, April 6, 2009

Dear Family, Congratulations on the birth of Macey. I'm glad everyone is doing well.

Mom, I got two of each of the letters you sent, plus the pictures. Thanks for signing me up for classes. If the labs don't fit in well, they can be in the evening. I usually planned out my schedule like a month in advance because it is such hard to work to try to fit in everything. Hmmm, a two credit class, you could always add another religion class, or whatever simple class that sounds fun. But you didn't put in all the science classes this semester did you? Because I might die if I have to take pdbio, evolutionary bio, and physics with their respective labs all in the same semester. I'll think about another class. You could sign me up for one with Janet.

So, general conference was AWESOME. We got to go to all the sessions, which was a blessing because sometimes they say you can only go if you have investigators. We haven't figured out why, but people here only go Sunday morning. It doesn't even occur to them to go to other sessions. We got to listen in English, which was fun because as NorthAmericans, we also sympathize with each other about the food, Peruvian customs and such things. Question-is the economy really bad? Everyone seemed to talk about being perpared for hard times and getting power from being obedient to covenants. We tried to do an activity in the ward for members to bring nonmembers, and we spent a lot of time getting it ready. We had everything planned out, but only about 15 members came, and 1 brought a nonmember. I was disappointed because it was going to be a good activity.

Oh, this is exciting. We had Burger King last week! And it was exactly how it should be. Plus, they couldn't get us our food on time, so they gave us free ice cream cones. Today we are planning on repeating, and an hermana in the ward offered to cut our hair for free. She is a student (yikes), but I am only going to have her trim mine. By the way, I got the letter from Grandma. Thanks Grandma. And everyone seems to be asking about how Janet is doing. I get a little confused because I don't know why they are asking me how she is doing, but then I realize they are talking about Janet the chicken. She is fine, and she is ready for the pachamanca. But she doesn't have as much meat as the other chickens, but she is a different breed. Janet has turned a little mean lately, and of the 4 new chickens that came the other week, two died, allegedly from pecking. There was no autopsy, so this is only a rumor. That's about it.

I'll be looking for my package, and you guys should look to, because I'm going to send one today.

Love, Sarah

PS-After I sent my letter to the president, I realized that I signed it Sarah, not Hermana Scoresby. Do you think he'll notice?

1 comment:

Joe said...

Yummy. I only ate a little Burger King in PR, but had tons of McDonalds.

Also, if Janet is starting to peck the other birds too much, I think it's time for dinner.