Monday, June 1, 2009

Dear Family,

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. We had cambios, and Hna Garrison went to Begonias, my old area in Canto Grande. We were crazy trying to get her ready and trying to find members to stay with me wile my new companion was coming. My new companion is Hna Garner. She has about the same time in the mission as Hna Garrison. She is from Sanders Arizona. Her mom is Navajo indian, and they lived on the indian reservation there. Her dad teaches at an UNM branch in education. We've been working a lot on her Spanish, because she still doesn't speak that well. Other than that we have been working normally. Heydee got baptized, and I was upset because the ward did not do their part. Wen I got to church the font wasn't filled and there was nobody there, So I filled the font and tried to get thngs ready as best as I could. The bishop showed up but refused to help at all and just sat in the office. But she got baptized.

We found a really good new investigator this week. The missionaries before had been teaching her mom, and the girl was studying, so she didn't have much time to listen. But she finished her classes, and she was reading te pamphlets the missionaries had left, and she thought they were really interesting. She stopped me in the street one day (it was when I was without a companion), and asked for more pamphlets. But she couldn't go to church yesterday because she traveled to La Oroya.

The most exciting thing that happened this week is that Hna Garner and I both got really sick. I didn't know a person could feel that terrible and still be alive. I felt bad because I threw up all over the bathroom floor, and the member that rents us our room cleaned it up. I got to call the mission doctor and he said it was infectious diarrhea. Lovely. I think Pdte and Hna Leyva were a little worried it might be the swine flu because I had all the symptoms except for the nose/throat problems. My companion is doing a lot better, but I am still suffering some. I don't have anything in my system now, so I'm just dry heaving and having stomach cramps. Hna Clariza is worried because I lost more weight. But don't worry Mom, I'll get over it like I've gotten over all the other sicknesses in the mission.

Oh I forgot something funny. Last Sunday Hna Garrison and I were bored at night and so we played stud or dud, but with areas. We chose four areas, and we asked the questions and everything, and we read the cards. The decided that clubs would be how well you get along with you comp, diamonds would be how many transfers you would be there, hearts would be baptisms, and cloers would be how good the pension is. And how did it turn out? It turned out that I would stay here, and Hna Garrison would go to Begonias. Maybe I should give up my studies and go into card reading.

I love you all. Thanks for you love and support. And I sent a card to Janet.
Love,
Sarah

No comments: