Dear Family,
I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well except Janet, who got hit on the head with a board. That made me laugh.
Everything is fine here. We got all better from our illness and we worked normally the whole week. The sun is super, super strong, and we are suffering strange things from that, well mostly my comp because she is less used to the sun. But my feet have gotten really bad lately, like when I was little. I think my body is just about ready to give in. But we keep working despite all that.
Hna Garner was horrified at the strange traditions at church yesterday. I think I have become immune to them, but I still remember my days in a normal ward. I still don't participate in the oath that they do every Sunday in RS-La caridad nunca deja de ser. You raise your right hand and repeat it three times and end in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. And they don't sing sacrament songs. Once for the sacrament, they sang, Before Thee Lord, I Bow My Head. We suggest they shouldn't do it, but old traditions die hard.
We are enjoying eating with the members Sundays. And they enjoy giving us food that they think we will like the most. Yesterday we enjoyed pizza and asado. Maybe I'll end up gaining weight at the end of my mission. A counselor in the bishopric invited us yesterday and was asking what we ate. He is learning English, so he was asking in English, and instead of asking if we liked meat, he asked if we wanted to eat flesh. I told him as long as it wasn't human flesh.
Not much else has happened. Today we are going to Torre Torre, which an elder described as a pequeño grand canyon. We made navajo tacos one day, and now that I know how to make the fry bread, I will make it in my apartment, because it was good.
Elder Zimmerman is a mission counselor. In a conference in Lima I met them. Elder Zimmerman was a chem professor at BYU, but I never took a class from him. Sister Zimmerman talked more to me because I was the only sister there who spoke English, and she didn't speak Spanish at that point. But I doubt I'll see them again.
Question-Are the bishop and stake president the same as when I left? They are doing my paperwork to come home, and I couldn't remember if the stake presidency had changed. And if by chance you are going to send me another package, I thought of a few suggestions. I get these cravings for weird things, so here are a few-Starbursts, oatmeal cream pies, cheddar cheese sun chips. I don't know if chips would send well, but they won't weigh a lot.
I love you all. Thanks for your love and support.
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment