On my daily walk to campus I was reflecting on the names of apartment complexes around BYU. While some complexes have normal names such as Belmont Apartments or the classic Riviera, I was thinking about some placing I will never live:
The Granary--It sounds like you are living in a mill. Does that mean that the tenants are the wheat?
Park Place--Is the whole complex Monopoly themed? Of course they might just be calling it after the original street. Anyway, I'm not willing to pay as much as Park Place costs anyway.
Winter Quarters--Sure, I want to live in a place where pioneers suffered and died.
Singletree--What does this name suggest? A place where a bunch of singles grow on a tree, ready to be picked.
Ben-Dick Arms--I don't even understand what this means
The Colony--I usually think of two things, a polygamy colony, or an ant colony, both of which cause me to walk on the other side of the street when I pass.
2 comments:
I believe Emily live in BDA. Maybe she can enlighten us.
What about the Glenwood, or Sparks, or Centennial, or Roman Gardens?
Post a Comment