Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dinner Group!

I was roped into participating in a dinner group this semester. I was undecided because I didn't want to commit myself to something like that, but after realizing that I dropped about five pounds since I got to Provo, I was convinced to do it. Now I am part of an 8-person dinner group, which meets Monday through Thursday. Today we ate rice with sausage in it and canned corn, so it definitely isn't gourmet. I am in charge of Monday's fare, so what will I make? Here are some options:

1. Some sort of pasta dish: spaghetti, company casserole, tuna casserole, or other

2. Some kind of soup

3. Taco salad

4. Hamburgers

5. Stir-fry

6. Breakfast for dinner

7. Crock-pot meal (I don't really know any, but it would be easy, and we have a crock-pot)

I felt pretty Suzy Homemaker-esque after successfully freezing my peaches this morning, so I could probably make anything successfully (except pudding), as long as it's in my budget, and it's not too time consuming.

10 comments:

Joe said...

You can try split pea soup when it gets cold. I've made it a couple of times and even Tracy agrees it tastes good. The hardest part is getting a ham bone with some bits of meat left on it.

Joe said...

Or, you can try to get really fancy: Once I made Osso Bucco for Tracy.

Joanna said...

I wouldn't try strawberry bread either. But, you should make company casserole. I got good comments on it once.

Margaret said...

Yes, I say company casserole. I don't think you should make no-bake cookies for dessert, though.

Sarah said...

Company Casserole is out because we had pasta last time. I'll still keep it in mind for in two weeks when I have to cook again.

Margaret said...

How about the broccoli soup in bread bowls?

Emily said...

Taco salad, mmmmm! Save some for me.

Sarah said...

Broccoli soup with bread bowls is kinda expensive. I'm leaning towards taco salad.

Tracy said...

I would do tater tot casserole-really easy and not very expensive. Its probably not the healthiest, but tastes good.

Emily said...

Maybe some rutabaga and carrots would make people smile, and fill their bellies.