Their first option is the least expensive at $149,000, a split-level located in Springville, Utah. The home on 300 East was built in 1983, and recently updated. It boasts 3 bedrooms, 2 baths with a total of 1450 square feet. "The Springville home has a great layout, with a large kitchen," Sarah says. "But there is no garage, no AC, and definitely no yard." "I liked the new carpet and linoleum throughout the house, and the downstairs bathroom was all new," comments Brian. "The upstairs bathroom needs some work though, and what kind of trees are those out front?"Their second option is the smallest, with a total square footage of 1280 on .11 acres for $157,490. The newer home has 3 bedrooms, and 1 bath. "I like the West Provo home a lot," Brian says. "It has a nice big garage, and maybe we could include the jacuzzi in the offer. The rooms are kind of small, though, especially the one that only has a toddler bed in it because a real bed wouldn't fit." "It is a really inviting house," says Sarah. "It has a lot of light, sliding glass doors, and a place for a vegetable garden. But we would have to pay a $20 per month Homeowners Association fee which includes Comcast. We didn't budget for cable."
Priced at $160,000, their third option is at the top of their price range, but is also the biggest. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and a total of 2048 square feet, and is on a .28 acre lot. Built in 2002, it is also the newest. "The house is huge! We could rent out the basement to Janet and not even see her," Sarah comments. "It looks like a good neighborhood, plus it is close to the Provo River Trail. It has a beautiful kitchen, but not the best appliances. And what would we do with the pink striped room if we never have a baby girl?" "It is a nice home," Brian says. "It has a zipline(?), and lots of shelving. But there is no fence, and it's at the top of our price range. It's also a short sale, which our realtor said could mean a lot of waiting, and the offer has to be approved by the bank, which may or may not happen."
So, which one will they choose, the Springville split-level that's the least expensive, the inviting West Provo one story, or the large Provo short sale home?


4 comments:
Haha...I can't wait to see Janet living in your basement. Alternatively, we could stay there when we come and then you could never see us.
Nice! I think I would pick the last home, number 3.
Short sales are tricky, sometimes you have to offer above the asking price if you really want it. Just to make you aware. Good luck!
"We could rent out the basement to Janet and not even see her," Sarah comments.
I am reconsidering because of your attitude.
Wow! So you guys are planning on staying in Utah then, huh? A house, exciting!
So...I loved this post. I must tell you, I am an avid fan of house hunters. AND...I have a real talent at guessing the correct house but I don't think I'll be able to be as confident in this case. I need to A.) Know what you're looking for in a house (and kind of a rough budget) and B.) Actually see video of you watching through the house so I can 'read' your body language. (Because we all know they just say stuff because they're supposed too. :)
Without that knowledge, it's hard to be certain. But I will say---the 3rd sounds like the best deal...especially if you want room for all those kids you'll be having soon and Ben, Macey and myself when we come to visit. Also,we won't mind bunking up with Janet downstairs. We'd LIKE to see her. :)
Ps. No problem with the pink room. If you don't have any girls (and even if you do)--we'll just throw Macey in there when she comes to visit---Afton and Lauren too if it's at the same time. :)
Post a Comment