Friday, October 1, 2010

Food Nanny

Since getting married, I have watched a lot more BYUtv than ever before.  I used to think that all they ever had on was Book of Mormon discussions and BYU sports.  I still think that's mostly what's on BYUtv, but there are some other pretty cool shows on there once in awhile. One of my favorites is the Food Nanny.


The show is obviously a spin-off of Super Nanny, but about family dinner.  No Dad, it's not voyeurism TV.  It shows the Food Nanny (who is pretty crazy, but endearing) helping families who are having trouble with their family dinner--Dad lost his job and the food budget got drastically cut; the kids are terrible and won't sit down for a family meal; Mom has to go back to work, and Dad doesn't know how to cook, etc.  Food Nanny's basic tenets are to make a two week dinner plan with a theme for each night, like Italian food on Tuesdays, or meatless meals on Wednesdays.  Then you use the menu to make your shopping list.  Supposedly, then you are going to the grocery store once every two weeks, and that saves you money.  Then you have your meals planned for two weeks, and the ingredients to make them, and all you have to do is cook and have a nice sit-down meal with the family.

One of the great parts, is that the Food Nanny has a website! There's a cool feature where you can make your own Nanny Plan to follow.  You can search for recipes or put in your own.  Here's the menu I designed using the Nanny Plan (beta).

You should definitely go try it out and watch the show.

P.S.  This is not paid advertising for BYU Broadcasting

4 comments:

Brian said...

I'll tell marketing at work about your blog posting to see if we can get a bonus depending on the number of hits on the blog. :-)

Megan said...

The Food Nanny is actually from Kamas, and I had the biggest crush on her son when I was in high school. Totally random, but I love plugs for Kamas. :)

Someday I need to actually watch the show. I need all the help I can get when it comes to cooking.

Emily said...

Whoa, you guys eat well. Can I come over?

Janet said...

Emily, I'm at their house right now; they have no food.