This is a grocery bag holder/dispenser I made. The fabric was less than two dollars a yard (who doesn't want hot pepper fabric?), the elastic was under a dollar, and I already had the ribbon, so it was a pretty inexpensive project. It was also quite easy. Now I don't have to get frustrated every time I open the cabinet under the sink and all the grocery bags fall out. Also, maybe someday we will have a pantry to put this in so it isn't out in the kitchen.
This next project may make a debut on the sewing blog in the future. I made a simple tote bag for a friend. The problem with sewing something for someone else is that I either get attached to it, or I am embarrassed at the mistakes. In this case both happened, but I am still going to give it away. Hopefully she isn't too embarrassed by the homemade-ness of this bag to actually take it out in public. I didn't use a tutorial or pattern, and as a result, I made a big error (and a few smaller ones) while I was making this. I salvaged it as best I could, and you can hardly tell.
I wanted to put a pocket in because I can't use a purse or bag without a pocket. So I tried it. Next time I think I will spring for a zipper to make the pocket.
The fabric for this bag was also cheap. The striped fabric was $2.22 for a half a yard, and the brown fabric was a remnant--half a yard for $1.10.
3 comments:
Good job, Sassy! What a creative girl.
Well I think they look awesome. Nice job! :)
Nice job! The chili pepper fabric is pretty popular around here!
Post a Comment