I love saving money. I'm not an extreme coupon-er (yet!), but I do love a good deal when I find one. Yesterday during a little mall outing with Janet, we were expressing our desires for a new dress when lo and behold, I found a dress I liked in a clearance bin. When I tried it on, I quickly realized that it was in the clearance bin because the side zipper was broken, leaving a gaping hole in the side of the dress. After a thorough examination of the zipper, I decided to buy it anyway for $9.99. I secretly hoped I would be able to fix it, but if not, I could (try to) replace the zipper, still making it a good purchase. If I couldn't do that, maybe I could just sew up that seam and squeeze into the dress without the side zipper. I consulted Mom, and at home I got out my seam ripper and a needle and thread. Fifteen minutes later I had fixed the zipper and had a new $60 dress for $10.
6 comments:
Sorry--I either can't type or can't spell. The dress looks cute, but I need to see it on. And are you standing on the bed?
I wasn't about to lay a clean new dress on the floor.
I'm impressed! Someday I'll learn how to sew... The dress is very cute!
Good thing you could fix the zipper. Just sewing it shut would have been a bad idea...
I agree, Janet.
Post a Comment