Thursday, July 28, 2011

Neighbor Flowers

So, in the last blog post, Sarah talked about the flowers that were delivered to our house because our neighbors were on vacation.

Well, the neighbors finally came home on Tuesday night—one full week after the flowers were delivered to us. We happened to walk outside around 9:30pm that evening and saw the dad and one of his sons out in the front yard, so we decided we better go deliver the flowers. Sarah volunteered to not go, so I went by myself. By the time I walked over, they were all inside the house, and I felt kind of bad knocking on the door at 9:30 at night. One of the boys answered and I stumbled through trying to explain why I had a vase of flowers in my hand. The mom came walking up shortly and began saying how she didn’t want the flowers. She didn’t want the flowers, and I could just take them, throw them away, or do whatever with them. I was left there kind of in unbelief—who doesn’t want a super nice vase of flowers? I asked if she was sure, and she went off again this time explaining how she didn’t want the flowers because of who they were from—she did grab the note though.

Bewildered, I walked back to our house with the flowers still in hand and put them back on the dinner table. Sarah was very glad she hadn’t gone with me to deliver the flowers. All that worrying about bringing them their flowers after they had all died! Too bad we didn’t know the end from the beginning! We didn’t even really get to enjoy the flowers either because they were for the neighbors.

Next time flowers get delivered here for a neighbor, we’re keeping ‘em! :-)

2 comments:

Janet said...

You're such a good person, Brian. Sarah's such a weeny.

Shannon said...

Brian, you are so nice. I was cracking up reading this story picturing all of it. Thanks for sharing. :)